Regular Mass Schedule:
Sunday: 8:00 AM, 10:30 AM
Monday: No Mass
Tuesday: 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 7:40 AM
Thursday: 5:30 PM
Friday: 7:40 AM
Saturday: 4:30 PM
08-15-2016 Response to concerns about Appropriate Mass Attire
shared by Tim Lilley - Diocesan Director of Communications and editor of the Message
In recent weeks, some people across the diocese have raised concerns with their pastors and others over people who arrive to Mass dressed inappropriately. In late 2006, the USCCB released a statement “on preparing to receive Christ worthily in the Eucharist.” That statement covers dressing for Mass. One of the areas our bishops covered involved how we should dress for Mass, and why:
We should also come to the sacred liturgy appropriately dressed. As Christians we should dress in a modest manner, wearing clothes that reflect our reverence for God and that manifest our respect for the dignity of the liturgy and for one another.
Please keep those words in mind as you prepare to attend Mass. May our appearance at Mass give glory to God and show clearly our respect for the liturgy, ourselves and each other.
Tuesday: 4:30 PM to 5:20 PM
Prior to 5:30 PM Mass
Wednesday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Second Wednesday of the Month
Thursday: 4:30 PM to 5:20 PM
Prior to 5:30 PM Mass
Anytime by request prior to surgery or medical emergency.
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405
GriefShare is a grief recovery support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. Our next 13 week ministry offering at Good Shepherd Catholic Church begins on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM, and will continue every consecutive Tuesday for the remaining sessions. If you have any questions or plan to attend, please email Sue Kroupa at email@example.com.
For more details concerning GriefShare, please visit: https://www.griefshare.org/
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405 at least six months prior to anticipated wedding date.
For details concerning celebrating a wedding at Good Shepherd Catholic Church, visit the following link: http://gsparish.org/weddings/
If you are too busy today to stop in Church for ten minutes of quiet prayer time, follow this link for other prayer suggestions: http://gsparish.org/prayer/
Tuesday: 4:30 PM to 5:10 PM
Thursday: 4:30 PM to 5:10 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM
Prior to 7:40 AM Mass
Building the Kingdom of God Together
Good Shepherd began its work as a Catholic faith community in 1955. Construction of a church and school on Evansville’s northeast side began in 1958 with the facility opening in May, 1959. On August 27, 2016, 1141 families and 2986 parishioners are listed as registered members at Good Shepherd Catholic Parish. Together, we share a mission to live Christ’s word daily by a commitment to worship, stewardship, faith formation, Catholic schools, family, and social outreach.
Growing in Faith
Our extended parish family and guests celebrate Weekend Masses at Good Shepherd Catholic Church: Saturdays at 4:30 PM and Sundays at 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Faith formation also includes preparation for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage; RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), a communal process for adults to become members in the Catholic Church; and religious education for Catholic children who attend public schools.0..
Working, Praying, and Playing
Good Shepherd thrives through the gifts and talents of our diverse parish family. Members participate in a variety of ways to strengthen the fabric of our community and enhance the quality of parish life. You may find opportunities to share in the work of our parish council, family life commission, faith formation teams, summer social committees, music ministry, and others.
Weekend Mass Announcements:
16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Year A (7/22/2017-7/23/2017)
- Join us for our blood drive this weekend from 8:00 am until noon on Sunday in the cafeteria.
School Offices will open on Wednesday, July 26 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Good Shepherd Catholic School registration folders will be available on Friday, July 28 at the school office. Folders will also be available at the Masses on Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30.
Registration days will be Monday, July 31 from 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Tuesday, August 1 from 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
Parents are asked to bring all completed paperwork during one of these days. Please use individual envelopes and separate checks when making payment for Student Council support, lunch money or PTO dues. Uniforms will also be available during these days.
Reminder: physical forms and updated immunizations for students entering kindergarten and grade 6 are REQUIRED before the first day of school on August 8.
- There will be NO daily Mass on Friday, July 28th.
- We will be having a reception following the 10:30 am Mass on August 6th for Rocky's Deacon Ordination. Please sign up in the Narthex to bring a side dish or dessert.
- Minister calendars for August are available in the Narthex.
15th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Year A (7/15/2017-7/16/2017)
- Pictorial directory pictures taken this week will take place in the school. Please park in the back parking lot and enter in thru the Parish Hall doors.
- Please make note that our phone lines are still out due to the parking lot construction. Email addresses for the Parish staff are posted at the entrances if you need to contact the office.
- Next weekend's Teens Encounter Christ Retreat still has room for adult observers: adults over age 22 who wish to experience the TEC program and possibly take an active role in the TEC movement in the future.
- Please join us at St. Ben's this Monday, July 17th at 7:00 pm for an evening of Faith and Music provided by Jesse Manibusan and Ken Canedo and sponsored by Good Shepherd Catholic Parish.
- We are in need of adult teachers for the Children's Liturgy of the Word on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- We are also in need of adorers to sign up for our monthly adoration on the 2nd Wednesday of the month following the morning mass until 6:00 pm.
- If you have any updates to your address, phone number or email, please see Melissa or Diane in the office to make those changes.
Online Parishioner Registration
We invite you and your family to join our extended parish family…so we may further the work of Good Shepherd Catholic Parish and build the Kingdom of God together!
If you would like to register as a Good Shepherd Parishioner, you may now do so online! Click the Family Registration Form button below. If you are already a registered parishioner, you can use the Family Registration Form to update your family information. Contact the parish office at (812) 477-5405 to get your ID number in order to update your information online.