Regular Mass Schedule:
Sunday: 8:00 AM, 10:30 AM
Monday: No Mass
Tuesday: 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 7:40 AM
Thursday: 5:30 PM
Friday: 7:40 AM
Saturday: 4:30 PM
08-15-2016 Response to concerns about Appropriate Mass Attire
shared by Tim Lilley - Diocesan Director of Communications and editor of the Message
In recent weeks, some people across the diocese have raised concerns with their pastors and others over people who arrive to Mass dressed inappropriately. In late 2006, the USCCB released a statement “on preparing to receive Christ worthily in the Eucharist.” That statement covers dressing for Mass. One of the areas our bishops covered involved how we should dress for Mass, and why:
We should also come to the sacred liturgy appropriately dressed. As Christians we should dress in a modest manner, wearing clothes that reflect our reverence for God and that manifest our respect for the dignity of the liturgy and for one another.
Please keep those words in mind as you prepare to attend Mass. May our appearance at Mass give glory to God and show clearly our respect for the liturgy, ourselves and each other.
Tuesday: 4:30 PM to 5:20 PM
Prior to 5:30 PM Mass
Wednesday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Second Wednesday of the Month
Thursday: 4:30 PM to 5:20 PM
Prior to 5:30 PM Mass
Anytime by request prior to surgery or medical emergency.
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405
GriefShare is a grief recovery support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. Our next 13 week ministry offering at Good Shepherd Catholic Church begins on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM, and will continue every consecutive Tuesday for the remaining sessions. If you have any questions or plan to attend, please email Sue Kroupa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details concerning GriefShare, please visit: https://www.griefshare.org/
Contact Parish Office (812) 477-5405 at least six months prior to anticipated wedding date.
For details concerning celebrating a wedding at Good Shepherd Catholic Church, visit the following link: http://gsparish.org/weddings/
If you are too busy today to stop in Church for ten minutes of quiet prayer time, follow this link for other prayer suggestions: http://gsparish.org/prayer/
Tuesday: 4:30 PM to 5:10 PM
Thursday: 4:30 PM to 5:10 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM
Prior to 7:40 AM Mass
(Sacrament also available by appointment)
Building the Kingdom of God Together
Good Shepherd began its work as a Catholic faith community in 1955. Construction of a church and school on Evansville’s northeast side began in 1958 with the facility opening in May, 1959. On August 27, 2016, 1141 families and 2986 parishioners are listed as registered members at Good Shepherd Catholic Parish. Together, we share a mission to live Christ’s word daily by a commitment to worship, stewardship, faith formation, Catholic schools, family, and social outreach.
Growing in Faith
Our extended parish family and guests celebrate Weekend Masses at Good Shepherd Catholic Church: Saturdays at 4:30 PM and Sundays at 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Faith formation also includes preparation for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage; RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), a communal process for adults to become members in the Catholic Church; and religious education for Catholic children who attend public schools.0..
Working, Praying, and Playing
Good Shepherd thrives through the gifts and talents of our diverse parish family. Members participate in a variety of ways to strengthen the fabric of our community and enhance the quality of parish life. You may find opportunities to share in the work of our parish council, family life commission, faith formation teams, summer social committees, music ministry, and others.
Weekend Mass Announcements:
20th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Year A (8/19/2017-8/20/2017)
- Nancy DeCastra will be in the Narthex after all Masses this weekend to assist with Religious Education signups for our public school student parishioners.
- On Tuesday, August 22nd, the Heavenly Dusters will be conducting their monthly cleaning of the Church starting at 7:30 AM. Lots of help is needed. Please come to the Church Tuesday morning if you are able to help.
- This Thursday, August 24th, we will have our first Ruth Circle women's meeting for the 2017-2018 season. We will meet in the Parish Hall at 9:00 AM. We will discuss this season's activities and get back in touch with our Circle of Support. Contact Jean Dollison with any questions.
- Please check the printed bulletin or the online bulletins for other important events.
19th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Year A (8/12/2017-8/13/2017)
- All ministers are reminded that we will be taking group pictures after each of the Masses this weekend. Please plan to stay after Mass for the photos.
- There will be a 7:40 AM as well as a 5:30 PM Mass on Tuesday, August 15th for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. No vigil Mass will be held on Monday.
Now that our beautiful parking lot is almost complete, we hope that everyone continues to fulfill their pledges. Anyone who would still like to contribute to the Stewards of God's Grace Campaign, please contact the parish office to make a donation.
Religious education registration is underway for the 2017-2018 school year. Registration forms are available in the Narthex.
Spirit of Hope tickets are still available for purchase. We had three $100 and one $500 winner during the month of July. Contact the Parish Office for details.
Dates are still available to get your picture taken for the new pictorial directory. Photographers will be here August 25th, 29th and September 2nd. Limited times are available. See the bulletin for further details on how to schedule.
- Please check the bulletin for details regarding our daytime and evening Bible studies that will be starting in September.
- The annual Good Shepherd PTO mum sale is underway. Orders are due by August 23rd with pick-up to be September 20th. Please contact Melissa in the Parish office if you are interested in ordering.
Online Parishioner Registration
We invite you and your family to join our extended parish family…so we may further the work of Good Shepherd Catholic Parish and build the Kingdom of God together!
If you would like to register as a Good Shepherd Parishioner, you may now do so online! Click the Family Registration Form button below. If you are already a registered parishioner, you can use the Family Registration Form to update your family information. Contact the parish office at (812) 477-5405 to get your ID number in order to update your information online.