Good Shepherd Catholic School – landing page: https://sgo.i4qed.org/schools/102/landing
Donating through SGOs
Good Shepherd Catholic School partners with the Institute for Quality Education, a scholarship granting organization’s (SGO) which allow donors to make a gift to Good Shepherd Catholic School that directly benefits our scholarship fund. A School Scholarship Tax Credit is available to individuals or corporations who donate to a SGO for the purpose of supporting students by scholarships. In addition to supporting students by giving them access to a high-quality education they may not have received otherwise; Indiana donors receive a state tax credit of 50% of their donation amount. Donations also qualify as a charitable deduction on federal tax returns.
- There is no limit or minimum on the size of the contribution. However, the tax credit amount cannot exceed the state tax liability for the current year. (On July 1, 2018 Indiana allocated $14 million in tax credits for SGOs to offer individuals or businesses as an incentive to help raise funds for scholarships. To see how many tax credits are still available click here!)
- Student recipients must meet certain family income levels to qualify for a SGO scholarship.
- Actual after tax cost will vary based on your individual income tax status.
- Donors can carryover unused tax credits for up to nine (9) years.
For more information, visit Institute for Quality Education website.
- Instead of donating directly to the school, you give a gift to the Institute for Quality Education (IQE), designating Good Shepherd Catholic School, to be used for tuition assistance for our qualifying families.
SGO gifts can be made by check (payable to the Institute for Quality Education), stock or credit card. To initiate a stock gift or make a credit card gift please click on this link https://sgo.i4qed.org/schools/102/landing