January 11, 2023 – Family & Life eNews January Update
DIOCESE OF EVANSVILLE
OFFICE OF FAMILY & LIFE eNEWS
Catholic Marriage Initiatives Fund awards Diocese of Evansville with $50,000 matching grant for PROJECT CANA (Catholic Accompaniment through Nurturing and Action)
IF YOUR PARISH WOULD LIKE TO START ONE OR MORE OF THE BELOW PROGRAMS AND WOULDN’T MIND SOME FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO HELP THEM GET GOING, CONTACT ERIC GIRTEN AT EGIRTEN@EVDIO.ORG
The CMI grant is a three year matching grant that will focus on the following areas and programs:
Preparing Children and Youth for Marriage: Remote Marriage Preparation
Preparing Engaged Couples for Marriage: Immediate Marriage preparation (Spanish)
Joy-filled Marriage and Adventures in Marriage
Ongoing Marriage Enrichment
Marriage Enrichment Retreat (In Spanish) Using JFM and AIM
Adventures in Marriage
Accompanying Married Couples in Crisis
Building a Eucharistic Marriage
Accompanying Couples Who Are Separated or Divorced
Life Giving Wounds
Accompanying Couples toward Marriage in the Church: Convalidation (Spanish)
Using a combination of Joy-filled Marriage and Adventures in Marriage
Accompanying Couples Who Have Lost a Family Member, Especially a Child
2023 PEACE IN THE MOURNING WIDOW RETREAT DAY IS MARCH 25
Peace in the Mourning (PIM) is a Christ-focused healing day for widows of all ages (no matter how long ago their loss). Through personal sharing, education, and the Sacraments, retreat-goers are able to continue, or begin, their journey of healing after the loss of their spouse.
2. Are you a current or past foster parent? (Circle one)
3. Would you like more information about parish assistance programs? (Circle one)
4. Would you like information on how to become a foster parent? (Circle one)
5. Are you interested in fostering a child? (Circle one)
6. Are you interested in providing tutoring for children in foster care? (Circle one)
7. Are you interested in preparing meals for foster care families? (Circle one)
8. Are you interested in babysitting for children in foster care? (Circle one)
9. Are you interested in assisting with transportation for foster care families (driving family members to appointments and other commitments)? (Circle one)
10. Are you interested in participating on a parish or diocesan team to increase awareness and support for foster/adoptive families?
11. Are you interested in serving on a parish prayer team for foster care families? (Circle one)
12. Do you know someone in your parish who is a current or past adoptive parent, foster parent, or CASA volunteer? (Circle one) If you answered yes to this question, please encourage them to complete this survey.
Please include your first and last name. __________________________________________________
Please include your email address.______________________________________________________
Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O Good Jesus, hear me.
Within your Wounds hide me. Permit me not to be separated from you.
From the wicked foe, defend me. At the hour of my death, call me and bid me come to you.
That with your saints I may praise you. For ever and ever. Amen.