October 31, 2022 – Family & Life November eNews Update
DIOCESE OF EVANSVILLE
OFFICE OF FAMILY & LIFE eNEWS
Red Bird Ministries is a Catholic, pro-life/pro-family grief support ministry that focuses on bereaved families who have experienced child loss of any age and circumstance.
We want to thank Sr. Mercy Marie and Sr. Michela for sharing their message of Life with us. They presented at all four of our high schools, USI, and the Respect Life Celebration…all in two days!
POST ABORTION HEALING
Why Become a Foster Friendly Faith Community?
Justice, mercy and grace are themes throughout scripture and most faith traditions.
People of faith already care deeply about these issues. Statistics show practicing Christians are three times more likely to foster and twice as likely to adopt compared to the general population.
Foster care is a non-partisan, unifying issue.
Foster care is an upstream issue. It is at the root of a number of current-day social wounds, including homelessness, sex trafficking, suicide and more.
The Diocese of Evansville Office of Family & Life and other key partners is working to create greater support for those who have chosen to become foster parents/families. Will you take a brief moment to complete this survey? Simply click the link below. Thank you!
2. Are you a current or past foster parent? (Circle one)
3. Would you like more information about parish assistance programs? (Circle one)
4. Would you like information on how to become a foster parent? (Circle one)
5. Are you interested in fostering a child? (Circle one)
6. Are you interested in providing tutoring for children in foster care? (Circle one)
7. Are you interested in preparing meals for foster care families? (Circle one)
8. Are you interested in babysitting for children in foster care? (Circle one)
9. Are you interested in assisting with transportation for foster care families (driving family members to appointments and other commitments)? (Circle one)
10. Are you interested in participating on a parish or diocesan team to increase awareness and support for foster/adoptive families?
11. Are you interested in serving on a parish prayer team for foster care families? (Circle one)
12. Do you know someone in your parish who is a current or past adoptive parent, foster parent, or CASA volunteer? (Circle one) If you answered yes to this question, please encourage them to complete this survey.
Please include your first and last name. __________________________________________________
Please include your email address.______________________________________________________
INTERESTED IN STARTING A SURVIVING DIVORCE SUPPORT GROUP IN YOUR PARISH OR AREA OF THE DIOCESE? CONTACT ERIC GIRTEN AT EGIRTEN@EVDIO.ORG.
There are several parishes moving forward with Grace Marriage Enrichment. If your parish is interested, reach out.
Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O Good Jesus, hear me.
Within your Wounds hide me. Permit me not to be separated from you.
From the wicked foe, defend me. At the hour of my death, call me and bid me come to you.
That with your saints I may praise you. For ever and ever. Amen.